Hello Mi Fans!
We all know that there are some Debloater/Carrier/OEM Bloatware applications in MIUI (eg: Google Play Movies, Google Play Music, Google Duo, Hangouts etc) which is not necessary for everyone. There is no way to uninstall these apps. It’s also difficult to disable some of these pre-installed system applications.
Uninstalling these apps are hard nut for the normal users who has to undergo with the process of rooting which is always a risk factor.
Therefore in this tutorial I am going to show you how to uninstall these apps without rooting.
⏩ Prerequisites :
- Unlocked bootloader of your Xiaomi device.
- Your Computer & One Original Mi USB Cable.
- ADB Binary – (Click Here to Download).
- Installed ADB Drivers on Your PC – (Click Here to Download).
- APK Inspector app on your smartphone – (Google Play Store Link).
- And most important thing is your patience
(I am using Solid Explorer instead of APK Inspector. You also can use other similar apps which can detect your apk package name.)
Uninstalling some system applications can be very dangerous so please know what you’re getting rid of before you complete these steps, as I don’t take any responsibility if you do anything wrong in this process or for breaking any existing features of your phone.
Now don’t waste your time and let’s start it without getting late!
1. To unlock bootloader for your device please follow this guide – (Click Here!).
2. Configure ADB in your PC download ADB from here ADB.zip and extract it to any folder in your PC.
ADB.zip (4.49 MB, Downloads: 83) .
3. Install the USB drivers (Skip if you already installed).
⏩ Steps to Find APK Package Name :
1. Open Solid Explorer.
2. Tap on three dash as shown in the screenshot.
3. Go to “Applications“.
4. Go to “System Apps“.
5. Find your app which you want to uninstall. (In this guide I will uninstall Google Play Music).
6. Tap on your app.
7. There you can see the package name of your app.
⏩ Steps to Enable USB Debugging :
1. Open “Settings“.
2. Go to “About phone“.
3. Tap on “MIUI version” 6-7 times.
4. Now from “Settings” go to “Additional settings“.
5. Then go to “Developer options“.
6. Enable “USB Debugging” from here.
7. Tap on “OK“.
⏩ How to Uninstall System Apps Without Root :
1. Open the folder of ADB in your PC.
2. Click on the address/location bar as shown in the screenshot.
3. Type “CMD” and hit ENTER key from your keyboard.
4. Connect your Xiaomi phone to PC via original Mi USB Cable.
5. You will see that the system is starting the ADB daemon. If this is your first time running ADB, you will see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it!
6. Now enter the following command in the command prompt window which will show the serial number of your device and status of connection.
7. Start ADB shell using the following command.
8. Execute the following command (without quotes) to uninstall a specific system application.
pm uninstall -k –user 0 “package_name”
eg. for Google Play Music
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.music
9. After that we need to exit the adb shell using the exit command, enter the command as shown below and hit enter.
Important NoticeIf something does go wrong, you can always perform a factory reset to bring things back to the way they were. You should know that, these uninstalled system applications can be restored after a factory reset.
That’s all for today, see you again with another interesting tutorial. Hope you all like this thread. If you have any queries, you can ask me in the comments section, I will try to answer them…
Thank you for reading this blog and welcome back again! We are happy to see you here. Did you like this post? Kindly share the post using the buttons below. Drop your comments below in the comment box.